Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Practice Log : Road trips

Practice practice practice, travel travel travel.

Lots of Shradieck, Bach Cello Suite 1, improvisation drills. Such as taking the 2-string Shradieck exercise through all 12 keys, remaining on G and D string, naming the modes as I go. Just SO MUCH FUN if you're a music geek.

I got to play outside! For Easter, I was out in central Illinois. I set up a chair and played by a fallow corn field. I played on the front porch while the kids played catch. I played by a plot of pine trees admist birds conversing.

I met with my cousin to discuss wedding music, and played the Bach for her on my Grandparent's back porch. Porch music!

AND RECORD STORE DAY!!! I scored some Louis Armstrong, Nina Simone, the Fat Boys, lots of Stevie Wonder. Must pillage more classical vinyl- my favorite record right now is The Budapest String Quartet playing Ravel and Debussy. Here's the 1st movement of the Ravel Quartet in F Major- link.

Ok, desert island classical music confession... someday I'll find the Mozart Sinfonia Concertante on vinyl. I will hug it. And then I will buy it! The Perlman and Zuckerman performance- I had it on cassette when I was a youth, with the two of them looking so dapper on the cover... it's makes me feel like a mini, curly-haired angel. Diapers and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment